Port and Shipping Technology and Management Engineering
|Tuition Fee / Year||￥20,000 (RMB)|
Program Infomation"Port and Shipping Technology and Management Engineering is the sub-discipline of Transportation Engineering which is the key discipline of Zhejiang province. The subject’s construction is on basic of the development of Ningbo port and navigation.
The research fields for graduated students include:
1) The modern shipping and transportation technology: centered on the ship application, around with the safety and environmental sailing, and marine communication and information control technology, research the ship navigation technology, ship eco-driving technology, marine automation technology, and modern shipping information technology etc.
2) The modern port management engineering: centered on the port, research the operation and management technology of the modern port, safety engineering of the port and waterway, port handling and pollution prevention technology, production organization and optimization of ports, optimal allocation of resources of ports, information technology of ports etc.
3) The international shipping management engineering: centered on the international shipping management, research the fleet planning and optimization of the organization and production of ships, optimization of the containers’ multimodal transport system, containerized freight index generation and technology etc.
4) The maritime traffic engineering: centered on ships, research the safety of navigation, ship collision avoidance theory and technology, maritime safety and environmental management, ship handling and navigation environment analysis, maritime emergency management technology etc.
5) The port transportation system planning and management: aimed at improving the efficiency and quality of the port transportation system, research the frontier and practical issues of planning, design and operation management.
The core courses include Port and Shipping Information Management System, Marine Traffic Engineering, Shipping Law and Regulations, Port Economics, Systems Engineering for Shipping, Ship Theory, Project Management, Shipping Business, Decision Theory and Methods etc.
The students with Master degree are able to work in the management departments of ports, navigation, transportation, maritime, and ship etc. as well as the government organizations and institutions, and enterprises engaged in education, research, design, manufacture etc.